Inspired by this guy (sorry about the subtitles), I wanted to create a list of top things that, in my opinion, you should never say to a martial artist, here I go:
1) Oh! and you know a lot? — Don’t ask that, please … as a fellow martial artist, I can say there’s no answer to this, basically because you can’t measure how good you are, specially because in order to define how good you are, you need to compare with someone else, and if you compare with the main Master of your school, you’ll always find the same answer: 0. In case of asking something like that… just ask how long has this person been practicing martial arts.
2) You may be practicing martial arts, but I can still beat you. — No need to comment that one.
3) Oh! Beware of him! he’s a dangerous person now! — oh please! if (s)he’s a dangerous person now that YOU know that he/she practices martial arts, it means he/she was already a dangerous person 10min ago, in which case, if he/she was really a dangerous person, you’d already be dead by now.
4) Are you gonna hit me? Come on! hit me! — Now let’s add a provocation! most of the people in this world are unconcious enough to do such things… of course! they may already know that a martial artist won’t fall for such provocations… if they did, such things wouldn’t happen, since the brailess ones doing this would be extint ages ago.
5) Oh yes! this taekwondo-karate thing like Bruce Lee, isn’t it? — Don’t try to be funny, or to demonstrate false knowledge… either way it’s pathetic… with a simple “wow” it’s fine.
If you know about other absurd quotes people tend to say to martial artists, please! don’t hesitate and send them, and I’ll add them to the post!